[LDM #RTW-225800]: Pqact Errors

John,

> I didn't,

Didn't what?

> but I put lines like these at every command within the script and still don't
> get any script errors.
> if(-e lbb_daa_${IMGT}.gif) then
> rm -f lbb_daa_$IMGT.gif* 2> /var/log/messages/ldm_errors.log
> endif
>
> foreach FILE ($CURRENT_RAD)
>

> gpmap << EOF
> GAREA  = 31.31;-104.71;35.99;-98.91
> PROJ   = RAD
> SATFIL =
> RADFIL = $RADDIR/$FILE
> LATLON = 0
> PANEL  = 0
> TITLE  = 1/-3
> TEXT   = .8/2/1/hw
> CLEAR  = y
> DEVICE = gif|lbb_daa_${IMGT}.gif|900;900
> LUTFIL = DEFAULT
> STNPLT = 17/.7|1|$STATIONS
> VGFILE = $RANGERINGS
> AWPSFL =
> LINE   = 3
> \$MAPFIL = hicnus.nws + hipowo.gsf + louhus.nws + loisus.nws
> MAP    = 1//1 + 2//3 + 26/// + 5///
> IMCBAR = 5/V/ /.01;.15/.7/1

> 2> /var/log/messages/ldm_errors.log
> EOF

So, there's nothing relevant in the file "/var/log/messages/ldm_errors.log"?

Does that file even exist? Does it have a timestamp that's consistent with the
last attempt to EXEC a script?

> Also, when I start LDM from the command line as ldmadmin, I don't get the
> Child Exit 1 errors.    I only get the errors when I start LDM from systemctl.

Then it's likely that the cause of the problem is that the systemctl-created
environment differs from the interactive, logged-on environment.

> Here's my startup system script.

> [Unit]
> Description=Unidata Local Data Manager
> After=network.target remote-fs.target nss-lookup.target
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStartPre=/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin delqueue
> ExecStartPre=/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin mkqueue
> ExecStart=/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin start
> ExecStop=/home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin stop
> PIDFile=/home/ldm/ldmd.pid
> Restart=on-failure
> RestartSec=60
> StartLimitInterval=300
> StartLimitBurst=3
> SuccessExitStatus=1
> User=ldm
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with systemd(8).

Does the "User=ldm" line cause the LDM user's profile-file to be sourced? If
not, then that could be the problem and you might try replacing the "ExecStart"
and "ExecStop" entries with

    ExecStart=/bin/bash -l -c 'ldmadmin start'
    ExecStop=/bin/bash -l -c 'ldmadmin stop'

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RTW-225800
Department: Support LDM