[LDM #MIW-275261]: some questions on hardware configs for our LDM server

Greg,

What are the specs on your current system (#CPUs, #cores, amount of memory,
type of disk, amount of disk). If your system is I/O bound, then the disk specs
are particularly important.

Is the system being used to process data-products or simply relay them? If it's
processing, then what's the mean CPU load?

We know what data you're getting and how much.

Can you send us the output of "ldmadmin plotmetrics"?

> Terry Mitchell-Sur directed Alison Bridger of SJSU to you and Alison is
> having
> me reach out directly.
>
> We have an old server downloading and processing LDM data now and are in
> process
> of purchasing a new server.  Our current system is Disk I/O bound.   I am
> interested
> in what system specs you folks employ or recommend.  Do you use hard
> drives, SSD, RAID
> cards in systems along the lines of Dell R640 and Perc H730P RAID
> Controller, or bigger
> RAID boxes attached via fiber channel etc.  I'm not too worried about
> processing and memory but feel free to include that as well.
> I know this is someone what an open ended question but anything you can
> provide will
> be of help.  If you need info on the amount or type of data we download and
> then
> how its processed I can get that from our researcher.   Not sure if that is
> relevent.
Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: MIW-275261