[LDM #HAI-188407]: dockerized LDM - multiple instances

Hi Eric,

re:
> With the dockerized LDM at https://github.com/Unidata/ldm-docker, has it
> been tested to run multiple instances in swarm configuration?

No.

re:
> From a redundancy point of view it would be ideal to run 2 instances that
> point to a shared data folder.  However I'm not sure how well that would
> work, if the queue can be shared by 2 instances, etc.

The LDM queue can NOT be shared by multiple LDM instances, so this approach
is not an option.  Also, the LDM was not designed for multiple instances to
be writing the same output to the same directory.  We have never found the
need for this kind of redundancy, and our use of the LDM is, for the lack
of a better word, intense.

I hope that this helps.  If it does not, please don't hesitate to ask
additional questions!

Ticket ID: HAI-188407
Department: Support LDM