[LDM #JXK-104385]: using PIPE with CONDUIT data

Hi Deb,

re:
> Thanks -- this is a good start.  Can you send me an example using FILE and
> EXEC on the same file?  Should each be a separate command in pqact.conf, or
> can I use them on the same command line?
>
> Ex:    ^CONDUIT blah blah
> FILE     -close somename     EXEC     somescript somename
>
> doesn't work,

It shouldn't work as it is the incorrect syntax.

re:
> and neither does
>
> Ex:    ^CONDUIT blah blah
> FILE     -close somename
> EXEC     somescript somename

This is also the incorrect syntax.

re:
> and
> ^CONDUIT blah blah
> FILE     -close somename
> ^CONDUIT blah blah
> EXEC     somescript somename

> fails with a 127 error, I'm guessing because the file is changing as the
> FILE command updates it.

This is almost correct.  The correct syntax would be:

CONDUIT<tab>blah blah
<tab>FILE<tab>-close somename

CONDUIT<tab>blah blah
<tab>EXEC somescript somename

NB:
- CONDUIT should begin the line
- <tab> means an actual tab character

re:
> So how do I get EXEC to run as a child AFTER the entire FILE ingest is
> complete?

The EXEC will not run as a child, but the EXEC action will run after
the FILE<tab>-close action if it is after the FILE action in the
pattern-action file.  The inclusion of the '-close- flag to FILE should
insure that the file is flushed to disk so that the following EXEC action
will be working on a complete file.

Ticket ID: JXK-104385
Department: Support LDM