[LDM #TFK-703998]: Products not pulled into LDM queue

Justin,

> We've noticed the logging issue before, thanks for the reminder that just
> because it's not in the log doesn't mean it wasn't received or sent.
>
> > How did they notice it was missing?
>
> I reached back out to the user and they confirmed that none of the three
> products in question were received, their LDM showed no record of it being
> received and their downstream processing showed no evidence that it came
> through. I asked him to be thorough since it could be delayed by quite a
> bit, but they still didn't turn up, it doesn't appear that our LDM ever
> sent them to him.

The only way those products weren't sent is if they weren't in the
product-queue of the NOAAPort LDM. Given the timing, though, I don't see how
that could have happened unless there was a massive influx of new data products
into that queue.

We do encourage our users to have a product-queue capable of holding at least a
hour's worth of data. For us, that means running 70 GB queues.

pqmon(1) only gives a snapshot of the queue. This is why we encourage user's to
periodically use the "ldmadmin addmetrics" command and plot the results. One
can then look at the time-series to determine that the minimum age of the
oldest product is still greater than one hour.

Alternatively, you can use the command "pqmon -S" and look at the third from
the last parameter, MinVirtResTime, to see what the minimum oldest age is.

Matter of fact, why don't you send me that output for the NOAAPort LDM. Might
prove revealing.

> > By "main LDM" do you mean the one I've been calling the "backup LDM"? When
> > the backup is on-line, is it considered the main LDM?
>
> Yes, I mean the back-up LDM that we made primary.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TFK-703998
Department: Support LDM