[LDM #VTQ-127094]: odd ldm question

Hi Michael,

I took the liberty of putting your inquiry into our support email system so
that others might benefit. I hope you don't mind.

> Michael here at NWS Central Region HQ in Kansas City. I have an odd ldm
> problem here that I've just about run out of ways to diagnose. Maybe you
> can point me in the right direction.
>
> An upstream host is receiving NEXRAD3, PPS and NGRID data. Running notifyme
> on localhost shows all that data coming in just fine.
>
> I have an ALLOW ANY for a downstream host.
>
> The downstream host isn't seeing any of that data arriving.
>
> The downstream host can ldmping the upstream host and get RESPONDING, and
> can run notifyme -vxl - -h upstream host and see the data. Watching their
> own queue however, they see nothing coming from upstream. Their request is
> basically "request ANY upstreamhost".
>
> I can run notifyme -vxl - -h upstream host from virtually any other host on
> my network and see the data.
>
> What am I missing?

First off, check the LDM log files on the upstream and downstream hosts for the
relevant times. Anything untoward?

Also, can you send me the relevant ALLOW entry in the upstream LDM's
configuration-file?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VTQ-127094