[LDM #ORN-677013]: missing NOTHER feed

Dave,

Bob's responses don't suggest a problem.

Tom and I agree, however, that the slowdown is due to something at your end
because

   1. Receiving from a different upstream site didn't improve matters; and
   2. The large-product feeds are slowed while the small-product feeds get
   through (this is a classic signature of throttling).

The source of the slowdown needs to be isolated. Can your firewall and/or
IPS systems be temporarily turned off for, say, an hour to see if the
throughput improves? Do you have a computer in a DMZ without any firewalls
and/or IPS on which you could run the LDM to see if the throughput is
greater there?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

address@hidden> wrote:

> New Client Reply: missing NOTHER feed
>
> Here is Bob's answer:
>
> Here are the answers to the questions posed from Unidata LDM Support.
>> Our main Internet connection to the Internet is via SSHEnet. Our primary
>> connection to SSHEnet is limited to 3 Gbps, of which we limit our ResNet to
>> 2 G. Inbound Campus traffic over the last week has not exceeded 550 Mbps &
>> ResNet inbound has not exceeded 1.5 Gbps.
>> All links from the Earth Science Server VM to the SSHEnet Routers are 10
>> Gbps. We do not regularly monitor those links. However I have periodically
>> checked on them over the past 2.5 hours & they were running between 12 & 25
>> Mbps.

Ticket ID: ORN-677013
Department: Support LDM