[LDM #XYN-356034]: Question about LDM

Jingtao,

There are two ways to do what you want.

The firstway is to use the PIPE action in a pqact(1) configuration-file:

This assumes that "shefparse" reads from its standard input stream.

The second way is to use the FILE and EXEC actions in a pqact(1)
configuration-file:

More information on these actions can be found at
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/pqact.conf.html>.

> If I install LDM and configure to receive SHEF data, and store the data
> under /tmp/shef directory.  I also have a decoder program "shefparse" which
> reads shef data from /tmp/shef dir and outputs a standard format file.  But
> I would like the "shefparse" program is triggered once the shef data comes
> in the /tmp/shef. Another word, when detecting a shef data comes, the
> shefparser runs.  Can I do this via LDM? how to setup the link between the
> data and the "parser"?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XYN-356034