[LDM #CGE-685224]: Texas Tech connection to idd

Bruce,

I drove your email into our support tracking system so that others might
benefit and to keep a permanent record.

BTW, copy-and-paste text is easier for us to read than screenshots.

The LDM log messages and ldmping(1) output indicate a failure to connect to the
LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu due to connection resets. This usually indicates
that there's no server (LDM) listening on port 388, which is extremely unlikely
because the entire IDD community would be screaming.

It's more likely that something between the two LDM-s is preventing the
connection. Possibilities include firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
One way to test the ability to create an LDM-like TCP connection is with the
telnet(1) utility:

    telnet idd.unidata.ucar.edu 388

This will fail, in which case you should show it to your network administrator
as proof that something is very wrong with the network configuration.

Please keep us apprised.

> I've been trying to troubleshoot a LDM connection problem (occurred about
> 13/07Z) between Texas Tech's meso-file1.tosm.ttu.edu and
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu.
>
> Not really sure what's happening here.  meso-file1 is still receiving ldm
> data from other sources and mesonet data is still being received at other
> sources like RAL.
>
> Still could be a problem on Tech's end, but would you mind looking into the
> issue?  I'll attach a snagit of the ldmd.log file just in case it might
> help in some way.

> Thought I better attach the results of an ldmping command to
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu as well.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CGE-685224