[LDM #UFM-160152]: EPOC converter

Hi Terri,

re:
> I am setting up a pqact.conf entry to get files from a new customer,
> and I need to convert the EPOC timestamp that they have in the
> filename to the UTC date.
>
> For example, the file in their queue looks like this:
>
> XXX_OBS.CSV.1510574817
>
> and I will need to convert it to look like this:
>
> xxx_obs.YYYYMMDD.hhmm.csv
>
> In bash it’s a piece of cake:
>
> # date -d @1510574817 +%Y%m%d.%H%M
> 20171113.1206
>
> Have you had anyone write a util to do this, or am I on my own? :-)

I'm sure that someone has written a script to do the conversion, but
no such thing is part of the LDM distribution.

Since you already know how to convert the epoch date into the form you
want, why not simply PIPE the received product(s) to a BASH script
in which you use 'cut' to extract the epoch timestamp and then run
'date' to product the desired date/time and finally write the product
to an output file using the name you want?

I do the same sort of thing in a BASH script that I run in an
LDM pattern-action action where I need to convert a date/time
string in the form:

CCYYJJJHHMMSS

where JJJ is the day of the year number.

to:

CCYYMMDDHHMMSS

Like you, I am using 'date' to do the conversion.

NB:

- any LDM pattern-action file action to which a product is PIPEd
  is responsible for reading the entire product before exiting

  If your action does not read the entire product, 'pqact' will
  think that the action has failed for some reason, and it will
  run it once more.

Ticket ID: UFM-160152
Department: Support LDM