[LDM #ITT-588398]: LDM issue with regutil

Hey Kevin,

What have you done to my beautiful software?! :-)

> In the past two weeks there has been a new issue that has cropped up
> regarding our LDM. Over the summer our ldm machine (fujita.valpo.edu) was
> moved to a new location. Prior to the move everything was shut down
> appropriately. After it was moved I forgot to restart the LDM until August
> (whoops!), but it started just fine and recently upgraded the decoders due
> to some model time issues (thanks Michael!),

Did you upgrade any runtime libraries?

> but since that point, it
> appears that the scour no longer works

Are you running scour(1) via the command "ldmadmin scour" in a crontab(1) entry?

Did you manually scour the disk? If so, does the problem still exist?

> (filled up our disk) and when I went
> to stop the ldm I got the following error…
>
> Couldn't get "/server/config-path" at /opt/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 97.
>
> Digging deeper when I issue the command
>
> regutil
>
> I get back the contents of the registry.xml file just fine, but it I try to
> get just a part
>
> regutil /server/config-path
>
> it hangs and I get the following error,
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Oofta! That definitely shouldn't occur.

> I then attempted to compile and install the latest version of the LDM
> (6.13.6), but during installation it would hang at the point of setting the
> registry.xml file.

Setting the registry during installation uses the regutil(1) utility -- so this
isn't all that surprising.

> I am at a loss at this point as to what I could have changed that would
> have caused this new behavior. Even after making the new GEMPAK decoders I
> stopped and started the LDM just fine.

Now that's odd because the "ldmadmin start" command uses regutil(1) to obtain
specific values.

> I have requested a vendor VPN access for the next week so that I can get
> you on the machine directly and will put it in a google doc that I can
> share with you.

Definitely get me a login ASAP. I've attached an entry for
~ldm/.ssh/authorized_keys in case that will help.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ITT-588398
Department: Support LDM