[LDM #APJ-776066]: new noaaport install

Hi Brendon,

re:
> I rebooted the system to test the install of a ldm startup script (which
> worked) but probably broke the routing magic you performed. Please let
> me know what the best solution is for this issue.

Actually, the way I left your machine was without specific routing for
the UDP packets coming from your Novra S300N.  Instead, I added the
'-I 192.168.1.5' clause to each of the noaaportIngester EXECs in your
machines LDM configuration file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  This modification
still relies on packets from the S300N not being blocked by the machine's
firewall.

re:
> Turns out that the reboot caused the firewall to turn back on.  I tried
> adding port 388 to allow access (used the firewall-config gui to do
> this), but it doesn't seem to help.

The packets from the S300N are coming in on several ports, none of which
are the one the LDM uses, 388.

re:
> I've turned off the firewall and
> all is well again, though it would be nice to get the firewall to play nice.

The best solution is to edit your firewall configuration to allow _all_
traffic on the private Ethernet interface that the S300N is connected to.
Please note that my/our assumption is that the only thing connected
to your Ethernet interface that you configured to have the IP address
of 192.168.1.5 is your S300N.  If this is the case, there is no need for
the firewall to interfere with any of the traffic since it will all
originate either from the S300N for data or from your machine, noaapor5,
when it "talks" (via cmcs which I put in your ~ldm/util directory) to
the S300N.

Ticket ID: APJ-776066
Department: Support LDM