[LDM #APJ-776066]: new noaaport install

Hi Brendon,

As a recap to what I saw when I logged onto your new CentOS 7.3 NOAAPort
ingest system:

- ps -u ldm

  showed ldmd (or a couple of 'ldmd's running

- ps -eaf | grep noaaport

  did _not_ show any instances of noaaportIngester running

- 'ifconfig' was not found so I installed it

  I was not up for learning the ins and outs of the 'ip' command
  this afternoon :-)

- the entries that you had added to the LDM configuration file,
  ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to specify the interface for noaaportIngester
  to listen to were incorrect

  You included '-i 192.168.1.20' instead of '-I 192.168.1.5'.

I could get things working by:

- setting up routing for the UDP packets coming from the Novra S300N
  as follows:

<as 'root'>
route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 192.168.1.5 dev enp0s31f6

<as 'ldm'>
remove the '-i  192.168.1.20' additions to the noaaportIngester EXEC lines

OR

- not setting up routine for the UDP packets coming from the Novra S300N
  but including '-I 192.168.1.5' in each noaaportIngester EXEC line

The question that Steve and I have been batting about is which way of
getting things working is the best/most correct.  We will need to get
together with our system administrator (Mike) on Monday to hash this
out.

So, for now your system is setup to:

- specify which ** interface ** not IP to listen to in each noaaportIngester
  EXEC

- leave noaaportIngester logging to the LDM log file

You can see that noaaport5 is reporting stats back to rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu
in:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?noaaport5.plymouth.edu

More to come on Monday...

Ticket ID: APJ-776066