[LDM #KNQ-197986]: LDM will not start

Hi Lysanias,

re:
> We were receiving the following messages when trying to create a
> new queue.  We have never seen this error before and would like some
> feedback on what may be the cause.  We are using NetApp storage and when
> I directed ldmadmin to create the queue on a locally hosted partition it
> created the queue with no problem.  When starting the LDM service and
> directing it to the new queue it would verify the configuration file
> but stop when starting the service and eventually terminate.  The PID
> file would be created but the service would not start.  I looked at the
> log files and they are not being touched.  The LDM user's mailbox only
> receives a message that the LDM did not start.  When using verbose/debug
> mode no real helpful information is returned.
>
> Jun 07 18:31:47 pqcreate[17441] ERROR: mmap: 0 0 2055561216: Resource
> temporarily unavailable
>
> pqcreate: create "/usr1/ldm/data/ldm.pq" failed: Resource temporarily
> unavailable

It has been our experience that a reboot of the machine that is showing that a
resource is (temporarily) unavailable will typically clear the problem (which
is that the disk resource is not available so 'pqcreate' can not create a
queue).

Is it possible to reboot your machine?

Ticket ID: KNQ-197986
Department: Support LDM