[LDM #BQD-554715]: ldm restart

Carol,

> The upstream LDM is running 6.11.1

Then the IS_ALIVE feature will work.

> Is there a check version command in LDM? I'm just guessing based on
> what's in the /home/ldm directory.

The command "ldmadmin config | grep version" will tell you the LDM version.

> Is it possible there are some computer settings that need to be changed?
> I had talked with TC at SSEC at UW-Madison about this and they ended up
> changing the following on the downstream host.
>
> "I changed the tcp keepalive parameters. The default was set to 7200
> seconds, which is 2 hours. I changed this to 600 seconds (10 minutes).
> It should also more quickly detect failed connections."

Nice idea. It should be irrelevant, however, due to the IS_ALIVE mechanism
in the LDM, itself.

If you're logging at the verbose level (i.e., INFO), then you should see
messages in the LDM log file like "Connection from upstream LDM silent for
%u seconds" and "Upstream LDM is alive.  Waiting..." (if the upstream LDM is
still online) and "Upstream LDM died: pid=%u" or ""Connection to upstream LDM
closed: pid=%u" (if it's not).

What do you see in the downstream LDM's log file?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: BQD-554715
Department: Support LDM