[LDM #XJG-918119]: Request command question

Donna,

> Let me tell you what I'm seeing. With request lines like:
>
> request ANY ".*" 165.91.55.26
> request ANY ".*" ldm-relay0.tamu.edu

Why are you requesting the same data twice from the same upstream host? I
wouldn't.

> Then the rtstats logs generated are named with the IP address _and_ with
> the hostname:
>
> "WMO_cwmapps02v.lcra.org_v_165.91.55.26_6.13.5.log"
> "WMO_cwmapps02v.lcra.org_v_ldm-relay0.tamu.edu_6.13.5.log"

That's correct and as it should be. The rtstats(1) process on Curoi will
consider ldm-relay0.tamu.edu and 165.91.55.26 to be separate hosts and report
them separately.

> These two examples have uniquely dated lines of rtstats data. (BTW these
> are from our host curoi. I see the same thing happening with ldm1, ldm2,
> and ldm3 - all downstream of ldm-relay0.)
>
> Daryl H. says "maybe your LDM is flip flopping between two connections to
> that upstream server.  Try using one or the other and see if your
> duplicates go away?"

What duplicates?

> Would you think there would be missing rtstats data if I eliminated the IP
> address?

The LDM should receive the same data-products regardless of whether or not
the REQUEST entry with the IP address exists or not. The only difference
should be in the rtstats(1) reporting: the data-products will be reported
as being received from one upstream LDM or split between two upstream LDM-s.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XJG-918119
Department: Support LDM