[LDM #QOK-517499]: LDM Help at USNA

Hi Alex,

First, I drove your emails into the Unidata inquiry tracking system so that
multiple people can see your question(s) and jump in when they can provide
the answers.

In the future, please send all LDM-related questions to:

address@hidden

Sending to this email address instead of an individual's like mine will allow
your question to automatically be forwarded to our inquiry tracking system,
and this will make our job easier.

re:
> Hope this email finds you well.

I'm well, thanks.  And you?

re:
> I am */finally/* back around to building our LDM (we are on Spring Break
> now). I am following along with many of the steps from training.

I have been wondering what was happening back at the USNA!

re:
> I have
> ldm downloaded and installed successfully. I edited the registry.xml
> file to change our hostname to edmaps.usna.edu.

Excellent!

re:
> I worked on the ldmd.config file to request data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> (starting first with only some model data) and I have the directory
> structure in place that we were previously using with all the decoders you
> provided me (I copied the ~/etc/TDS directory from the previous build into
> the current ~/etc directory).   I hit an error in the ldmadmin pqactcheck
> step and subsequently I tried to start ldm and (without a doubt) hit
> the same error.  It suggests that my pqact files cannot be opened and
> that there is no such file or directory (except I think there is).
>
> I attached some screen shots, along with the ldmd.config file.

The first screen shot pinpoints the problem: it looks like you have a typo
in the EXEC line in your LDM configuration file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  You
specified the location of the pattern action files as:

EXEC    "pqact -f NGRID|CONDUIT|HRS|FNMOC|SPARE ect/TDS/pqact.forecastModels"
EXEC    "pqact -f NGRID|CONDUIT ect/TDS/pqact.forecastProdsAndAna"

Note that you have 'ect' not 'etc'.

If this is the only problem, then all you need to do is:

- edit ldmd.conf and change 'ect' to 'etc'

- restart the LDM:

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin restart

Please let us know if this was the only problem you are experiencing.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: QOK-517499