[LDM #GBK-975146]: slight differences between files

Erik,

Sorry. I should have written "verify1" instead of "verify3".

It looks like the products you sent are being acted-upon by this pqact(1)
configuration-file entry:

    # pick up Tornado/Severe Thunderstorm Watch (WOU  product)
    WMO ^(WO)(US|AK|GM|PU|CA|HW|PA)(6.)(.)(K|P|T|N)(...)(.*)
        FILE    -strip  -overwrite      /u1/data/%m%d/\1\2\3\5\6.%H%M%S

The "-overwrite" option will cause the output file to only contain the last
matching product. The products on verify1 and verify2, while similar, are
actually different products. You can see this from the WMO sequence-number at
the start of the product. Verify1's is 89 and Verify2's is 91. These products
were created separately by NWS. That fact, plus the "-overwrite" option and the
timing of your comparison caused the files to differ.

> We don't have a verify3 server, though I am doing just that right now,
> building a 3rd server so I can do further comparison.
>
> I attached 2 example files that have a slight difference in data.  You
> could probably run comm or diff on them.
>
> I attached our pqact.conf files from both servers, so you can see how
> the data gets picked up from each.
>
> Any advice is appreciated!

Regards,
Steve Emmerson