[NOAAPORT #YEA-869135]: Issues with ldmping and seeing LDM ingest NOAA data

Mark,

ldmping(1) can't interrogate a Novra receiver: it's designed to interrogate an
LDM server, which the Novra is not.

In the top-level source-directory of the LDM package, please execute the
command "head config.log" and send me its output.

> I am doing a new install of Unidata's LDM. I have the package installed
> and I can start ldm successfully (I think). It starts up cleanly and I can
> enter ldm commands after such as 'watch' to view data coming across. The
> command can never shows data however. When I try to do an ldmping to the
> Novra receiver I get the following error and I cannot find much content
> on how to fix this:
>
> 20160825T171544.420630Z ldmping[3921] INFO ldmping.c:51:print_label()
> State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
> 20160825T171554.420992Z ldmping[3921] ERROR ldmping.c:75:print_hstat() SVC_
> UNAVAIL  10.000191    0   10.0.0.10    h_clnt_create(10.0.0.10): Timed out
> while creating connection
> 20160825T171619.421164Z ldmping[3921] ERROR ldmping.c:75:print_hstat()  ADD
> RESSED   0.000002    0   10.0.0.10    h_clnt_create(10.0.0.10): Timed out
> while creating connection
>
> I have configured the ldmd.conf file as the install directions instruct
> so I think data should be coming down. I can verify via a tcdump that
> the Novra receiver is getting packets and sending them to our server. I
> have attached the ldmd.conf file for reference.
>
> Essentially LDM can start, but data is not being received. I use the
> command ldmping to try to troubleshoot the issue, but it is returning
> errors. I can ping the receiver using the 'ping' command on redhat 6. I
> am missing a piece and I cannot figure out what it is at this point. Any
> information would be greatly appreciate.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: YEA-869135
Department: Support NOAAPORT