[LDM #QFT-231267]: LDM Installation Errors

Shengting,

> I have rebuilt the LDM. This time the essential difference is that I set the
> LDMHOME=/home/ldm. Somehow, configure use LDMHOME=/home if I don't explicitly
> set it.

Could the environment variable LDMHOME already be set?

> Also I used the system gcc instead of the module gcc, which got rid of the
> version error.

I'm afraid I don't know what that means.

> Here are a summary of the output at every step of the installation process.
> Please see the attached log files for details. Could you take a look the
> summary below to see if they look correct to you?
>
> --------------------
> 1. $ ./configure ...
> configure: exit 0
>
> 2. $ make install >make.log 2>&1
> make  install-data-hook
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/ldm/ldm-6.13.4'
> ./ensureLdmhomeLinks /home/ldm ldm-6.13.4
> /bin/mkdir -p /home/ldm/var
> ./ensureVar /home/ldm /home/ldm/var
>
> NOTE: The command "make root-actions" will have to be executed by the
> superuser in order to complete the installation process.
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ldm/ldm-6.13.4'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ldm/ldm-6.13.4'
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ldm/ldm-6.13.4'
>

> 3. # make root-actions
> chown root /home/ldm/bin/ldmd
> chmod 4755 /home/ldm/bin/ldmd
> chown root /home/ldm/bin/hupsyslog
> chmod 4755 /home/ldm/bin/hupsyslog
> if test -f /home/ldm/bin/noaaportIngester; then \
> chown root /home/ldm/bin/noaaportIngester; \
> chmod 4755 /home/ldm/bin/noaaportIngester; \
> fi
> if test -f /home/ldm/bin/dvbs_multicast; then \
> chown root /home/ldm/bin/dvbs_multicast; \
> chmod 4755 /home/ldm/bin/dvbs_multicast; \
> fi
> ./ensureRpcEntry
> ./ensureServicesEntry

The command execution looks OK, as far as I can tell from the incomplete output.

> $ ls /home/ldm/bin
> afos                 ensureVar  ldmadmin  notifyme     pqcreate
> pq_test_insert   scour
> ddplus               feedme     ldmd      plotMetrics  pqexpire  pqutil
>     syscheck
> dds                  feedtest   ldmfail   pps          pqing
> refresh_logging  uldbutil
> ensureLdmhomeLinks   hds        ldmping   pqact        pqinsert  regex
>     ulogger
> ensureRpcEntry       hrs        ldmsend   pqcat        pqmon     regutil
>     wasReceived
> ensureServicesEntry  hupsyslog  netcheck  pqcheck      pqsend
> rpmUserActions
> ensureSyslogEntry    ids        newlog    pqcopy       pqsurf    rtstats
>
> $ ls /home/ldm
> bin  etc  include  ldm-6.13.4  ldm-6.13.4.tar  lib  runtime  share  src  var
> ---------------

The file listings look OK, as far as I can tell from the incomplete output.

> I still see some error messages related to contest.c in config.log. However,
> using ./config with and without options produces essentially similar error
> report in config.log. Perhaps these error messages are not essential?

The file "config.log" should contain errors because it contains the results of
the configure(1)-script's tests of the environment.

> Do the installation outputs and results look reasonable to you?

I'm concerned about this at the top of the file "config.log":

    This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
    running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

    It was created by LDM configure 6.13.4, which was
    generated by GNU Autoconf 2.68.  Invocation command line was

      $ ./configure --prefix=/home/ldm --exec-prefix=/home/ldm
--datadir=/home/ldm/data --htmldir=/home/ldm/html --enable-logging=local0
--localstatedir=/home/ldm/var --disable-max-size

It indicates that the configure(1)-script was executed with many options, at
least one, of which, cannot be correct (datadir). If the home-directory of the
LDM user is "/home/ldm", then none of these options were necessary.

Is the directory "/home/ldm" the home-directory of the LDM user?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QFT-231267
Department: Support LDM