[LDM #PAE-657022]: ldm not saving data

Frank,

Is there anything relevant in the LDM log file?

Is the pqact(1) process responsible for decoding into GEMPAK files still
running? Match the relevant "EXEC pqact" entry in the LDM configuration-file
with the output of a ps(1) to determine the relevant process. Once you have the
process' PID, grep(1) the LDM log file for all messages from that process. Is
there anything relevant?

> Dear Unidata,
>
> For some reason, the LDM running on my data machine has stopped storing
> data.  This happened suddenly on June 13.  There may have been a network
> problem that day, since it appears that the ldm stopped for 50 minutes.
> Since this time, the ldm runs, and ldmadmin watch shows data flowing,
> but nothing is being stored in any of the data files.  Indeed, no new
> data files have been created in GEMDATA.  I've tried stopping and
> restarting and have rebooted twice, all to no avail.
>
> I'm running CENTO 5, and LDM-6.  The disk isn't full, but even if it
> were, the file headers would be created, but the files would remain empty.
>
> I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious, but his hasn't happened to me
> before, in the many years of running the LDM.
>
> One change I did make today was to remove a request for lightning data
> from wsi - I must have the wrong address for it since the log files are
> filled with connection/disconnection notices, until I commented that out.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: PAE-657022
Department: Support LDM