[LDM #OHF-116108]: Head scratcher: pqact entry works on one server, doesn't on another

Gilbert,

Check the following:

    Spaces where tabs should be in the entry.

    Is that a zero or a capital-O (i.e., "N0Q" or "NOQ")?

    Relevant messages in the log file for the pqact(1) process.

    Correct protection on the directory components of the output file (`regutil
/pqact/datadir-path`/\5/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2).

You could also put the relevant pqact(1) process into verbose logging mode by
sending it a SIGUSR2 or adding the "-v" option to its EXEC entry. This will
cause it to log every data-product it processes. Combine that with a
notifyme(1) or "ldmadmin watch" to see if its processing the right
data-products.

> Hello Steve,
>
> Maybe you can help me figure this out. On weather and
> weather3.admin.niu.edu, I have this entry in my pqact.conf:
>
> NEXRAD3 ^SDUS5. .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-5][0-9]).*/p(N0Q)(...)
> FILE    wsr88d/\5/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2\3.n0q
>
> Looks good, right? Both machines have been verified through NOTIFYME
> commands that they are getting the N0Q products, getting the full NEXRAD3
> feed.
>
> BUT...
>
> The weather3.admin.niu.edu server is not saving them. The disk is only
> 46% full. A similar entry for N0U a bit below this entry on weather3
> IS saving that data.
>
> So my question is...why? Or actually, why isn't it saving on weather3?
> The ldmd.conf entry has NEXRAD3 to be fed into the pqact without a
> qualifier...the whole NEXRAD3 feed should be going into it.
>
> Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OHF-116108