[LDM #DZH-666268]: ldm 6.12.14 Solaris build fails - system include files Present But Cannot Be Compiled

Andrew,

The file "make.log" contained this:

./ensureSyslogEntry local0 /etc/syslog.conf /usr3/ldm/logs/ldmd.log
*** Error code 2
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
/bin/su root -c 'PATH='$PATH' make  root-actions' \
    </dev/tty 2>/dev/tty
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-data-hook'

Did you build the package as the LDM user?

Did you use the configure(1) option "--disable-root-actions"?

Did you enter root's password twice: once to the configure(1) script and once
to make(1)?

> I found out the problem had to with an older version of gcc
> We installed sunstudio12.1 and used the c99 compiler.
>
> Afterwards I was able to get past configure but then the make install failed.
>
> Attached are config.log, configure.log, and make.log files
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrew Little

Regards,
Steve Emmerson