[LDM #DZH-666268]: ldm 6.12.14 Solaris build fails - system include files Present But Cannot Be Compiled

Andrew,

The file "config.log" contained this:

| #include <sys/ioctl.h>
configure:18821: result: no
configure:18821: checking sys/ioctl.h presence
configure:18821: gcc -std=gnu99 -E  conftest.c
configure:18821: $? = 0
configure:18821: result: yes
configure:18821: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:18821: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure:18821: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:18821: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure:18821: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure:18821: checking for sys/ioctl.h
configure:18821: result: no
configure:18828: error: "Missing necessary header-file"

Needless to say, this is odd. Also, I don't have any problems compiling the LDM
package on our SunOS 5.10 system.

I noticed that you invoked the configure(1)-script with the argument
"CFLAGS=-I/usr/include". It would be better to include that particular option
in the CPPFLAGS variable. Would you please try again with the command-line
"./configure --enable-logging=local0 --disable-max-size CC=gcc
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include".

Ticket ID: DZH-666268