[LDM #JSH-709228]: Installing without syslog (local logging only)?

Gerry,

By default, the new version doesn't use the system logging daemon -- but it can
in order to be backward compatible; thus, the system logging daemon must still
exist.

Check the "/etc" directory for a configuration-file for the system logging
daemon.

> Gotta leave this one for today, but I'm still getting the logging
> configuration-file not found error. For the record, this is using 6.13.0.0
>
> vlogin02.ls5(40)$ ./configure --disable-root-actions
> checking for socklen_t... yes
> checking for fsync... yes
> checking for ftruncate... yes
> checking for memmove... yes
> checking for memcmp... yes
> checking for rename... yes
> checking for strerror... yes
> checking for waitpid... yes
> checking for strdup... yes
> checking for seteuid... yes
> checking for setenv... yes
> checking for mmap... yes
> checking for sigaction... yes
> checking for sig_atomic_t in signal.h... defined
> checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
> checking system logging daemon PID file... /var/run/rsyslogd.pid
> checking for system logging daemon... rsyslog
> checking for /etc/rsyslog.conf... no
> checking for /etc/opt/csw/rsyslog.conf... no
> configure: error: system logging configuration-file not found or not
> readable
> vlogin02.ls5(40)$ pwd
> /home1/00791/gcreager/LDM/ldm-6.13.0.0
>
> --