[LDM #JSH-709228]: Installing without syslog (local logging only)?

Gerry,

You're on a system that uses syslog-ng? That's bad. The LDM package doesn't
support that daemon. Sites that have that daemon as the default replace it with
rsyslogd(8) in order to run the LDM.

The configure(1) script will have to be altered in order to completely bypass
the checking for the system logging daemon. This will take time and I don't
have access to a syslog-ng development system for porting.

I'm afraid you're on your own until I guess correctly what needs to be done to
the configure(1) script. Sorry.

> I tried to tell it to use syslog-ng but it still gives the same failure.
> Looks for rsyslog and I don't have read permissions due to security issues.
>
> gerry

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JSH-709228