[LDM #JSH-709228]: Installing without syslog (local logging only)?

Gerry,

> I can do that, Steve, but is there no way to just log to the local
> directory? If not, that sounds like fodder for the wish list.

The next version of the LDM (6.13) won't need the system logging daemon. I hope
to release it Real Soon Now.

> And to confound things, when I ran './configure --disable-root-actions', I
> got:
> checking for strdup... yes
> checking for seteuid... yes
> checking for setenv... yes
> checking for mmap... yes
> checking for sigaction... yes
> checking for sig_atomic_t in signal.h... defined
> checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
> checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
> checking system logging daemon PID file... /var/run/rsyslogd.pid
> checking networking references...
> checking for system logging daemon... rsyslog
> checking for /etc/rsyslog.conf... no
> checking for /etc/opt/csw/rsyslog.conf... no
> configure: error: system logging configuration-file not found or not
> readable

Is there a system logging daemon configuration-file in /etc?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JSH-709228
Department: Support LDM