[LDM #ADA-874007]: This is driving me nuts!

Hi Gilbert,

re: which copy of 'make_index' (and 'prepend_file') to use?

> It should have worked with the copy I put in /home/ldm and /home/ldm/etc.

I think that the copy in /home/ldm should have worked, but not the one
in /home/ldm/etc as this is where LDM configuration files are stored/used,
not executables.  In my mind, the best place for these "decoders" is the
~ldm/decoders directory.  I did not setup ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf to point
at the ~ldm/decoders directory because I didn't fully understand why
you had copied 'make_index' and 'prepend_file' to /usr/local/bin.

re:
> It does on the other machines, so...weird.

Yes, this is why I am scratching my head.  At this point, a full rebuild of
LDM-6.12.14 would seem to be in order.  I did not do this since I figured
it was better to get something running than to keep poking around to get
to the bottom of the mystery.  That being said, however, it is still important
to get things working like they should.

re:
> I PATHed it to /usr/local/bin,
> so it should find it there, and yes, that's where I wanted it. On the
> other machines it finds it, but not on weather3. Weird.

Absolutely weird especially since /usr/local/bin is the first directory
in the PATH that is in-scope for your running LDM!

re:
> Anyway...thanks, Tom! I appreciate it.

No worries.  I'm glad that things are working right before the weekend!

Ticket ID: ADA-874007
Department: Support LDM