[LDM #HIU-767549]: File naming and product ID convention for GOES-R data products (L1 and L2) in LDM

Hi Tom,

Even though you sent two emails, I combined them into one thinking that
they were really asking the same question.

re:
> Has any organization suggested a product filename and/or LDM product ID
> standard for L1 and L2 GOES-R products? If not, is UCAR interested in
> working with us (Harris) to define one?

Yes, we would like to work with Harris (and others) to guide the
creation of reasonable/useful Product IDs for GOES-R imagery and
products received in the GRB.

re:
> From address@hidden  Tue Aug 25 11: 18:48 2015
> Has any organization suggested a product filename standard for L1 and
> L2GOES-R products in AWIPS II? If not, is UCAR interested in working
> with us (Harris) to define one?

I am not sure that the addition of 'in AWIPS-II' really makes this
a different question than the first one.  I will, of course, get our
AWIPS-II guy (Michael James) in the discussion loop.

Ticket ID: HIU-767549