[LDM #FNS-542635]: not started

Patrick,

> Did a normal installation.. nothing non-standard

Well that's odd, then.

Out of curiosity, did you follow these instructions:
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/source-install-steps.html>?

In any case, I recommend re-installing the LDM package. Because the LDM user
already exists, I think the best approach would be to create a new LDM user
(e.g., "ldm2"), install the LDM package using this new user, stop the "ldm"
user's LDM, migrate the LDM configuration from user "ldm" to user "ldm2", and
start the "ldm2" user's LDM.

We offer do this if you wish.

Ticket ID: FNS-542635