[LDM #FNS-542635]: not started

Patrick,

Sweet! I didn't know about the free(1) utility.

Unfortunately, that utility isn't available on all Unix systems (Solaris
doesn't have it, for example). The top(1) utility is more widespread -- so I
use it.

I'd like know why ldmadmin(1) isn't getting what it needs from your top(1).
Would you please send me the output of the following commands:

    uname -a
    top -\?
    regutil | grep top

> you mentioned wanting these variables, you might consider trying it this way
> :)  "free" is often universal
>
> free_mem=`free|grep Mem:|awk '{print $4}'`
> used_mem=`free|grep Mem:|awk '{print $3}'`
> free_swap=`free|grep Swap:|awk '{print $4}'`
> used_swap=`free|grep Swap:|awk '{print $3}'`
>
> you also might consider a percentage field as a running total.. i.e.
> percentage of physical memory used etc.. :)
>
> cheers,
>
> --patrick

> Patrick L. Francis
> Vice President of Research & Development
> Aeris Weather
>
> http://aerisweather.com/
> http://modelweather.com/
>
> http://facebook.com/wxprofessor/