[LDM #JBM-625382]: LDM license?

Jeff,

The redistribution and usage rights are stated in the paragraph that's before
the numbered conditions:

"Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:"

In other words, you can do whatever you want providing you meet the numbered
conditions.

This license is the standard "3-clause BSD license" with the addition of an
anti-software-patent clause.

> Steve (or whomever),
>
> Apologies but I'm still a bit uncertain. I looked at the COPYRIGHT file and
> item #4 starts with "This license shall ... . " yet I'm still uncertain of
> the details of the license.
>
> Items #1 and #2 discuss keeping the COPYRIGHT with the code. Item #3 says
> that Unidata doesn't endorse anything. But I don't see anything about the
> ability usage rights or redistribution rights (can we make money if we
> resell?), etc. I was hoping for a license statement like GPLv2 or Apache or
> something like that.
>
> Unfortunately, Amazon can be real sticklers about the license of applications
> so that's why I'm asking so many questions (thanks for the patience).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

Ticket ID: JBM-625382