[LDM #QEL-970387]: LDM at NOAA

Hi again Russ,

Our system administrator just looked through your routing information
and thinks it should be OK.  This would mean that what may need to
be done now is to reboot your machine.

BUT before you reboot, verify that you added the kernel tuning parameters
to your /etc/sysctl.conf file.

For reference, here are our additions to /etc/sysctl.conf:

#
# Enable DVBS reception
#
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 2

#
# DVBS multicast fragment reassembly
#
net.ipv4.ipfrag_max_dist = 0

Also, we have a recommendation for how you setup the static routes
needed for the DVBS multicast stream ** IF ** you are running on
a RedHat variant version of Linux:

- remove your current static routing config(s) for the DVBS multicast
  streams

- create the file /etc/sysconfig/static-routes with the following
  content:

any net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 192.168.1.7 dev eth1

  NB: make sure to change the '192.168.1.7' address to the IP
  address of your eth1 interface.  This is easily seen/verified
  by running 'ifconfig -a' and looking for the eth1 entry.

Please keep us apprised of your results...

Ticket ID: QEL-970387