[LDM #SJF-337060]: SSD for PQ

Hi Clint,

I apologize for not being able/remembering to get back to you with
recommendations for what file system to use on your SSD.  Given the
success you reported to Steve, it looks like you didn't need any
guidance.  I will assume, therefore that you went with the default
'ext4' file system (true?).

re:
> Thanks, Steve.  I actually thought about emailing you, Tom, and
> Mike directly when I first inquired, but decided to be a good
> Unidata citizen and put it through the support system.

Yahoo!! ;-)

re:
> I'll wait a while to see if either of them has any opinions (about
> this -- I know they have plenty of opinions!) before I do the install.

I would say to use 'ext4'.  I am not sure what Mike would say (I asked
him to respond to you a couple of days ago, but he has been hammered
with a wide variety of problems here), but I just took a look at the
SSD file system type being used on our AWIPS-II Edex machine, and
it is 'ext4'.

re:
> Thanks again,

Sorry for the looonnnnggg delay in answering...

Ticket ID: SJF-337060
Department: Support LDM