[LDM #QEL-970387]: LDM at NOAA

Russ,

> Actually, I said switch and VLAN..I was wrong.  The DVBS cable is
> connected to a network hub and teh backup server is connected to the
> same hub.  Therefore, the server see's everything on the hub.
>
> By "firewall rules on the backup server" do you mean /etc/hosts.allow?

No. By "firewall rules on the backup server" I mean something like iptables,
which is the firewall on my Fedora system. Firewalls are operating-system
dependent. Execute the command "iptables -L" as "root" to see if that's what
you have. Such firewalls can be configured to disallow incoming UDP multicast
packets.

> I have the same entries on the working primary server and the backup
> server.  My hosts.allow allows ALL from the DVBS.
>
> These routes were not previously configured in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth1.  These are for multi-cast I
> believe.
>
> I am wondering if there is some problem with the DVBS...powered
> off...broke....

Does tcpdump(1) show UDP multicast packets arriving at the backup server? If
so, then the DVB-S2 is likely OK.

> Thanks
> Russ
>
> address@hidden ~]# netstat -rn
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window irtt
> Iface
> 224.0.1.3       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0
> eth1
> 224.0.1.2       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0
> eth1
> 224.0.1.1       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0
> eth1
> 224.0.1.4       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0
> eth1
>
> --
> Russell Lancaster

Ticket ID: QEL-970387