[LDM #BOV-866570]: LDM crashes on noaaport.admin.niu.edu, then sends the load average skyrocketing

Just FYI, this anti-DOS feature can also be disabled by setting the registry
parameter "/server/enable-anti-DOS" to "FALSE". For example,

    regutil -s FALSE /server/enable-anti-DOS

The default value of this parameter is TRUE.

> Hi Gilbert,
>
> So, I modified a number of things on noaaport.admin.niu.edu to see if the
> problem
> with the LDM exiting after only running for a few minutes would go away, and
> none of my changes had any effect.  I looked through the ldmd.log files to
> see if there was any indication of what was going on, and one message (and
> associated PID for the process) suggested to me that the problem might be
> in the code that terminates redundant feed REQUESTs from downstreams.  In
> order to test this hypothesis, I built a version of the LDM that did not
> include this feature, and flipped the switch.  As I write this note, the
> older LDM, v6.10.1, has been running for more than an hour, and the load
> averages are extremely low.  I think that it is too soon to declare that
> the problem area has been isolated, so I think we should continue to run
> in the current configuration until tomorrow some time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
> --
> Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
> (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box 3000
> address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307
> Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: BOV-866570