[LDM #NYK-599005]: Trying to start LDM at startup

corepuncher,

You should be able to do what you want. The LDM documentation contains a script
that can be used as a template for starting the LDM at boot-time. It uses
commands like "su - ldm -c ...".

Are there any error messages from the commands?

Are there any error messages in the LDM log file?

> Hi, I have a very simple script I wrote to start LDM at reboot:
>
> su - ldm -c 'ldmadmin clean'
> su - ldm -c 'ldmadmin delqueue'
> su - ldm -c 'ldmadmin mkqueue'
> su - ldm -c 'ldmadmin start'
>
> It EXECUTES, but, stuff is not working. For example scripts in
> /home/ldm/util that I made.
>
> The ONLY way everything works is if I do a "su - ldm" manually from my
> command line, then execute the ldmadmin commands.
>
> I made sure my root $PATH contains everything in /home/ldm/.profile (like
> LDMHOME, etc).
>
> So if the PATH is correct, what am I missing? What is so "special" about
> "su - ldm" compared to having root run it at startup?  Pulling my hair out
> on this one!  LDM dies periodically and I"m just trying to issue the simple
> command to restart it at reboot.  Please help!

Ticket ID: NYK-599005