[LDM #RYH-655728]: LDM 6.12.7.208 feedtype crashes when use of underscore

Hey Gilbert,

I don't know what's happening. The LDM shouldn't have a problem with an
extended regular expression (ERE) and it certainly shouldn't behave differently
due to the difference you describe.

Just FYI, you can remove the ".*" at the end of the ERE-s -- it adds nothing.

You say the feed crashes. What do you mean, exactly?

> Hello Steve,
>
> I am able to confirm that we have a bug with the LDM. In this latest
> version, we are getting the MRMS data feed directly from NCEP under
> the EXP feed type. Within 48 hours (and sometimes just a few hours)
> using this ldmd.conf entry for it (the ffirst one), the EXP feed dies:
>
> # MRMS / NCEP
> #request EXP "/data/realtime/outgoing/grib2/MRMS_.*" 140.90.98.15
> request EXP "/data/realtime/outgoing/grib2/MRMS.*" 140.90.98.15
>
> The first aand second requests both get the data. But, when I use the
> commented-out entry, within usually 24 hours, the EXP feed crashes
> (but again, everything else still works fine). To get it to work again,
> we have to stop the LDM, delete and remake the queues, and then restart
> it again.  However, since I used the bottom entry (uncommented), it
> hasn't crashed at all. The only difference between the requests is a
> "_" after the letters "MRMS".
>
> Do you have any insight as to what might be happening?
>
> Gilbert
>
> --
> ----
>
> Gilbert Sebenste