[LDM #EFY-891334]: Questions about memory management and the LDM

Mike,

Yeah. There's a bug in the 6.12.6 installation-process that deletes some
source-files -- causing a subsequent installation to fail. The workaround is to
re-unpack the source-distribution in order to re-obtain the deleted
source-files.

Sorry about that. This should be fixed in 6.12.7.

> I've been attempting to build the LDM 6.12.6 and I've come to a point
> where I can't locate the files that the Makefile is searching for when
> I run the make install command.
>
> From the log file:
>
> Making install in tutorial
> make[3]: Entering directory `/ldm-6.12.6/src/html/tutorial'
> rm -rf tutorial
> tclsh generate/generate.tcl -verbose \
> -target tutorial \
> -noglossary \
> -notclevaluation
> couldn't read file "generate/generate.tcl": no such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [tutorial/activate.html] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/export/home/rost/ldm-6.12.6/src/html/tutorial'
> make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> An exhaustive search of the entire code tree doesn't contain the script
> generate.tcl and I'm not sure whether this is critical to the creation
> of the package.
>
> Any help you can provide to guide me locate and install the generate
> script would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> -Mike Rost
>
> Software Engineer I