[LDM #UUL-150899]: GEMPAK decoder problems

It's not a problem on my older fedora machines or my CentOS machines.  The
error

"Fortran runtime error: Sequential READ or WRITE not allowed after EOF
marker, possibly use REWIND or BACKSPACE"

Has been reported in other Fortran programs using gcc 4.7 or later, so it's a
known incompatibility with older code on these newer machines.  I don't have a
solution for you yet but I'm working on one.

-Michael

> I attempted to compile GEMPAK7 with gcc 4.4, but on a 4.7 linux box.  There
> was no change to the resulting error messages.  Is it possible that the
> problems are within the linux distro itself?  Perhaps the way BASH/CSH or
> another required library is compiled?
>
> Thanks for any time you can put toward this.
>
> John H

Ticket ID: UUL-150899
Department: Support GEMPAK