[LDM #UDD-910463]: Fwd: LDM question

Arturo,

> I have a question about the LDM. Our university IT department will be doing
> an upgrade on the network tonight and there will be no internet for about 6
> hours. I have an LDM running on a server. Would I have to manually restart
> the LDM service or will it automatically start receiving data once the
> connection is reestablished?

If the computer running the LDM isn't shutdown, then nothing needs to be done:
the downstream LDM-s on the computer will re-establish their connections when
the network comes back up and so will any downstream LDM-s on remote computers.

If, however, the computer is shutdown, then the LDM will have to be restarted.

> Thank you very much.
>
> P       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> ------------------------------
>
> Arturo  Diaz, Jr.
> Programmer I (CEES)
> Biology and Chemistry