[LDM #GIH-755840]: ldm tar.gz files do not contain rpms

Mike,

The files with the suffix ".tar.gz" are source-installation files: they are not
RPM installation files.

The only RPM installation file is for version 6.11.

I recommend following the source-installation directions on the webpage.

> Hi, I am attempting to install ldm 6.12.6 on a fedora core 32-bit OS using
> the instructions located at:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.12.6/basics/rpm-install-steps.html
>
> I downloaded the file located at
> ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/ldm-6.12.6.tar.gz
> but when I extract the tar file, I cannot find the RPM file referenced in the
> above installation instructions URL.  I have also tried downloading previous
> versions, but do not see rpm files inside those as well.  Is there something
> I am missing?  Thanks,
> Mike

Regards,
Steve Emmerson