[LDM #NPU-623943]: LDM- Log issue and Decoders issue

Ajay,

> uname -a
> Linux 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Apr 11 17:27:00 EDT 2014 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> selinuxenabled && echo SELinux is enabled
> # selinuxenabled && echo SELinux is enabled
> SELinux is enabled

There's the problem. SELinux is enabled and, by default, it won't let the
system logging daemon, rsyslogd(8), log to the LDM log file.

> grep SELINUX= /etc/selinux/config
> # grep SELINUX= /etc/selinux/config
> # SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
> SELINUX=enforcing
>
> Quick question what if we change from " SELINUX=enforcing"  to  "SELINUX=
> permissive"  will it work .

Partially. "SELINUX=permissive" will allow rsyslogd(8) to log to the LDM log
file, but it will also cause a corresponding warning message to be logged to
the system log file for every LDM message.

For this reason, we recommend disabling SELinux by setting "SELINUX=disabled".

> Thanks
> Ajay

Ticket ID: NPU-623943