[LDM #IDM-709196]: missing man page?

Paul,

The pqinsert(1) user will have to have write-access to the product-queue -- so
the user's group membership will have to be the same as the product-queue's and
the product-queue will have to allow group write.

pqinsert(1) sends a SIGCONT to its process-group to tell other members of the
group that they should check the queue for new data-products. If pqinsert(1) is
executed outside of the LDM system, then upstream LDM processes won't
automatically receive this signal and, consequently, won't know that the queue
has been modified until they wake-up from their default 30 second sleep.
Consequently, your inserted files probably won't be immediately pushed to
downstream LDM-s.

This is why we recommend that pqinsert(1) processes be executed by a script
that, in turn, is executed via an EXEC entry in the LDM configuration-file.

A workaround might be to use the file "~ldm/ldmd.pid" to obtain the PID of the
LDM's process group and send the group a SIGCONT if you can. It's likely that
the O/S will prevent this, however.

> Thanks.  That works for me.  Since I have you here, I just wanted to check
> - is there anything special I have to do if I want to pqinsert files as a
> user that is not the ldm user?
>
> -Paul

Regards,
Steve Emmerson