[LDM #IFF-105674]: Compiling issues

Ajay,

Did you build and install the XML2 package? The LDM package needs the XML2
library as well as that package's header-files.

It would probably be best if you had your system administrator (or someone else
with root privileges) install the XML2 development package. The library and
header-files will then be in a known location that the configure(1) script can
find.

> Hi
>
> I am having issues at compiling time. I am a non-root user. Below are
> some of the notes I tried installing them
>
> I don't have libxml2-devel installed. So I downloaded libxml2-devel in
> a different directory and trying to use those headers.
>
> Compiling with parameters:
>
> #env CPPFLAGS="-I/local/tools/downloads/libxml/usr/include" ./configure
> --disable-root-actions
>
> While compiling I get the below error and it stops .
>
> Error:
>
> configure: "ZLIB" header-file(s) found in ""
> configure: Searching for the "z" library
> checking for library containing deflate... -lz
> configure: Searching for the "XML2" header-file(s)
> checking libxml/parser.h usability... yes
> checking libxml/parser.h presence... yes
> checking for libxml/parser.h... yes
> configure: "XML2" header-file(s) found in ""
> configure: Searching for the "xml2" library
> checking for library containing xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> checking for xmlInitParser... no
> configure: error: "xml2" library not found
>
> Appreciate your help .
>
> Thank you
> Ajay

Ticket ID: IFF-105674