[LDM #PQS-885264]: Meeting to discuss LDM

Joan,

We'd love to meet you and I'm sure we can help.

I'm the LDM developer. The other person you will want to see is Tom Yoksas, who
uses the LDM as much as anyone and much more than most.

I'm available during the weekdays all of July except for the afternoon of
Friday the 18th and from the afternoon of Monday the 28th to the morning of
Friday, August 1st. So, it looks like the week of the 21st to the 25th would be
best.

I would probably help if we could log onto the systems in question from here to
examine the LDM setup.

We put pennants from the universities we support on our conference room wall
(it helps keep us focused/centered). Does MLSO have anything like that?

> Greetings! I work at the High Altitude Observatory /NCAR. We use LDM to
> transfer our data from the Mauna Loa Solar Observatory to HAO. Last
> autumn we installed a new instrument which acquires more data. We have
> seen a dramatic increase in problems transmitting the data via LDM
> though we should have enough bandwidth to successfully transfer all images.
>
> It would be extremely helpful to us if we could meet you and ask general
> and specific questions about our LDM set-up. We are purchasing more
> bandwidth but we believe we can make our LDM scripts much more efficient
> if we have your guidance.
>
> Can someone from your group meet with us later in July? Some of us are
> on travel but we will all be in the office during the last 2 weeks of
> July. Please let me know if one of your LDM experts is available. We
> would really appreciate an hour or two of your time.
>
> Best regards,
> Joan Burkepile

Regards,
Steve Emmerson