[LDM #YGF-727428]: LDM at NOAA

Russ,

Your "make.log" file contained the following:

Making all in tutorial
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/ldm/ldm-6.11.7/html/tutorial'
rm -rf tutorial
tclsh generate/generate.tcl -verbose \
            -target tutorial \
            -noglossary \
            -notclevaluation
couldn't read file "generate/generate.tcl": no such file or directory

The make(1) should not have executed the tclsh(1) command. I'm at a loss to
understand why -- especially because the LDM has been successfully installed on
many RHEL 6 systems.

Would you please delete the source directory and start from scratch with the
tarball. Please let me know if this recurs.

> I am a sysadmin with NOAA and I am working with William Pennoyer who had
> been in contact with you concerning LDM running on RedHat Version 6.
>
> We have LDM installed on a server that communicates to the outside for
> NOAAPORT, Family of Services and LDM data.  This external facing is working
> fine.  We have other servers that communicate internally with this server
> using LDM.
>
> One issue we are having is that LDM is not communicating on port 388
> internally to our servers...it appears to be picking random ports and
> communication is failing.
>
> I attempted to install the latest version of LDM ( 6.11.7 ), and get an
> error during the make process.  I have attached the logs.
>
> Also,  is there an LDM rpm that can be installed?
>
> Thanks
> Russ

Ticket ID: YGF-727428