[LDM #UGW-684103]: LDM Server Not Starting

Warren,

> grep -F local0 /etc/*syslog*.conf
> local0.*      /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log

The configuration-file for the system logging daemon appears to be missing a
"local0.none" entry for the system logging file (e.g., "/var/log/messages").
You should add one.

Also, please send me the output of the command "ps -ef | grep syslog".

> cd ~ldm/bin
> ls -l ldmd hupsyslog
> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root ldm  12332 Jun  5 08:32 hupsyslog
> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root ldm 116887 Jun  5 08:32 ldmd

The permissions and ownership of ldmd(1) and hupsyslog(1) look good.

Please send me the output of the command "mount".

> Thanks,
>
> Warren Pettee
> Undergraduate - Meteorology
> Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
> 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223
> address@hidden | 336.257.9239

Ticket ID: UGW-684103