[LDM #LVZ-644152]: LDM install with noaaport option

Hi Vivian,

re: getting the NOAAPort portion of LDM-6.11.6 working
> All is well now.

Excellent!

re:
> I did a few things.  After removing the old noaaingest
> tar file and directory.  I deleted all the LDM structure and did remove of
> all the AWIPS group installs that the rpm installed.  I then proceeded with
> the instructions from the unidata site and all seemed to go well.

This is exactly what I would do.

re:
> I tested the eth1 interface with "tcpdump -i eth1" and saw traffic was
> working.  But when I did a netstat, it did not show up.  I changed
> permissions on the route or static-routes file you mentioned in
> /etc/sysconfig.  I restarted the network services and all began to work.

Very good.  I am a bit surprised that the file permissions had anything
to do with anything.  Typically, we reboot after creating 'static-routes'
(although not necessary; restarting the network should suffice) and
the SELINUX setting (needs to either be disabled or permissive for LDM
logging to work).

re:
> I am building a second system and if there is anything different then I
> mentioned I will let you know to add to your bag of tricks.

Thanks!

re:
> Thanks for you help!!

No worries.  I'm glad to hear that you are up and running!!

re:
> You can close this call.

Will do.

Ticket ID: LVZ-644152