[LDM #VBM-715562]: LDM errors

Hi CJ,

re:
> Thank you. I'm not finding in our conf file a duplicate entry. Below is
> our conf file, could you take a look at it?

OK.

Here are the uncommented REQUEST lines from your LDM configuration file,
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf:

## Reorganized RSS 20110908
REQUEST        WMO     ".*"    thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST         NIMAGE  "^.*.*[148]km.*"    thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST         CONDUIT  ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST         NGRID    ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST         HDS    ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST         FNEXRAD  ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST         FSL2   ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST         GPS    "."     suomildm1.cosmic.ucar.edu

# Entries used by Brian McNolty Nexrad2 and DIFAX 20080916
REQUEST DIFAX   ".*"    thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KMPX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KCYS" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KAMX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KFTG" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KGLD" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KPUX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KGJX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KDMX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KARX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KDVN" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KEAX" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KFSD" thelma.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".KOAX" thelma.ucar.edu

# Entries used by Paul Hein
REQUEST EXP     "20"    socc3.caps.ou.edu

The thing that is not obvious is that thelma.ucar.edu is a cname alias for
idd.unidata.ucar.edu PLUS it is archaic and should be converted to
use idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Also, your REQUEST for GPS data is unusual
in that the extended regular expression being used is ".".  This is
OK, but it is more standard to match on everything which is ".*".

WMO is a compound feed type whose meaning is:

WMO == HDS|IDS|DDPLUS

So, the duplicate REQUEST is the one for HDS to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

I strongly suggest reorganizing and consolidating your REQUESTs as follows:

# Reorganized RSS 20110908
# Reorganized suggested by Unidata on 20131120
REQUEST FSL2|FNEXRAD|WMO        ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST NIMAGE  "[148]km"        idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST NGRID   ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST GPS     "."     suomildm1.cosmic.ucar.edu

# Entries used by Brian McNolty Nexrad2 and DIFAX 20080916
REQUEST DIFAX   ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST NEXRAD2 "/K(MPX|CYS|AMX|FTG|GLD|PUX|GJX|DMX|ARX|DVN|EAX|FSD|OAX)"
idd.unidata.ucar.edu

This will remove redundant REQUESTs, simplify the pattern for NIMAGE imagery,
and cut down the total number of requests by about two thirds (22 -> 7).

NB:

After making any changes to the LDM configuration file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf,
the LDM must be stopped/started/restarted to make the changes active:

<as 'ldm'>

-- edit ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

ldmadmin stop && ldmadmin start

OR