[LDM #IQV-659758]: sasquatch having connect / disconnect issues with idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Donna (& Gerry),

CRAFT and NEXRAD2 are synonyms (NEXRAD2 is the more-recent name and is,
therefore, preferred).Consequently, the LDM configuration-file on Sasquatch has
two, identical requests to idd.unidata.ucar.edu for NEXRAD2 data.

One of them should be removed.

> Steve, Donna
>
> There are, indeed, two, one for CRAFT, one for NEXRAD2. What the config
> SHOULD look like is all the requests to irads/129.15.40.x should also point
> to idd.unidata.ucar.edu for a second feed.
>
> Donna, if you've questions, let me know.
>
> Steve, what we have now:
>
> request         NEXRAD2 ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request CRAFT ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> request CRAFT ".*" charlie.irads.net
> request CRAFT "(.*)" 129.15.40.181
> request CRAFT "((.*))" 129.15.40.182
> request CRAFT "(((.*)))" 129.15.40.183
> request CRAFT "((((.*))))" 129.15.40.184
>
> Tom and I (mostly Tom, as his initial explanation set my hair afire)
> crafted the requests to irads to allow the various servers Carl's got to
> serve their little pieces of NEXRAD2 without loss. idd.unidata.ucar.edu has
> ALL Level II data. However, A&M'd be getting the feed twice (and probably
> has been; bandwidth at A&M is cheap) with a single line request for the
> data from Unidata. I think that, in fact, was the logic I used, was that
> redundant data was less a problem than lost data.
>
> I need to wander over with a notebook, and chat with Carl about what
> servers serve which data.
>
> gerry
> --
> Gerry Creager