[IDD #XYT-473297]: IP address change SUNY Oswego

Hi Steven,

re:
> Our LDM version is 6.8.1.

OK, this is a good version for sites that do not relay data to several
other sites.  Newer versions of the LDM are better when used for relay
since they trap/reject instances of a downstream requesting the same
feed more than once.  This feature helps keep bandwidth use down.

re:
> We plan on staying with this version until
> AWIPS II arrives some time soon. Looks like a different data manger, the
> Environmental Data EXchange (EDEX) server, will be used for AWIPS II.

A key portion of the AWIPS-II distribution is the LDM.  EDEX is the
decoding/data serving access component of AWIPS-II.  The other thing
that is being included in AWIPS-II is our NOAAPort ingest package...

re:
> Is upgrading the LDM at this time a good idea?

It is not a bad idea, but it is not absolutely necessary for you.
If you were running a version older than 6.8, we would strongly
recommend that you upgrade ASAP.

Ticket ID: XYT-473297
Department: Support LDM