[LDM #UEK-963464]: Fwd: [TAMU-LDM] ldm.tamu.edu - small RUC (RAP) files

Hi Donna,

re: Evan Lowery observation about smaller RAP files from idd.tamu.edu

> Gerry and I find this curious. Our relay hosts and LDM cluster should be
> sending Evan the same data as that from Millersville Univ.
>
> What would the notifyme look like to test from Millersville versus from
> ldm.tamu.edu ?

The first thing to find out is if Evan's machine(s) are reporting real-time
stats back to us (Unidata) and:

- if it(they) is(are), what is(are) the relevant machine name(s)?

- if it(they) is(are) not, then we should have him run 'notifyme' for
  the products he is experiencing problems with to see what the
  latencies are

- also, what do his GEMPAK log files have to say about the dcgrib2 decoding?

Evan's view of getting less data is through the filter of files being
decoded by GEMPAK.  This may or may not introduce another variable that
needs to be sorted out.

Another question:

- is (or was) Evan requesting other feeds from idd.tamu.edu?

  If yes, is he experiencing any problems with it/them?

Ticket ID: UEK-963464
Department: Support LDM